Jianhai Zhang received his Ph.D. degree from School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University in 2015. Currently, he is an associate professor in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Jilin University, China. His current research interests include New Technology of Mechanical Properties Testing in Extreme Conditions & In-situ Nondestructive Testing and Evaluation.
Nondestructive Evaluation in Jilin University
The Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) thrust area at Jilin University (JLU) supports initiatives that advance inspection science and technology. Our goal is to provide cutting-edge technologies, that show promise for quantitative inspection and characterization of materials under the service process over the coming years. The NDE thrust area supports a multidisciplinary team, consisting of mechanical and electronics engineers, physicists, computer scientists, and technicians. These team members include personnel that cross departments within JLU, and some from academia and industry, within CHINA and abroad. To meet today's programmatic demands, it is important to increase collaboration among JLU engineering thrust areas and departments. This collaboration brings together the necessary and diverse disciplines to provide the key scientific and technological advancements required to meet JLU programmatic and industrial NDE challenges.
NDE provides materials characterization inspections of finished parts and complex objects, to find flaws and fabrication defects and to determine their physical and chemical characteristics. In addition, applying NDE throughout the life cycle of a part saves time and money and improves quality. NDE is being applied to new materials and to process design and development. NDE also encompasses process monitoring and control sensors and the monitoring of in-service damage. Therefore, NDE is becoming a front-line technology that strongly impacts issues of certification, life prediction, and life extension.
The primary contributions of the NDE thrust area in JLU are described in the five directions that follow: (1) New Techniques in Laser Ultrasonic Testing;(2) Advanced 3-D Imaging Technologies of PAUT; (3) Infrared Thermal NDE of Materials or Structures; (4) Multi-magnetic Nondestructive Evaluation; and (5) Multimodal NDE for In-service Components.
Flexible Ultrasonic Phased Array for inspecting the Complex Surface of the Blade
Measurement Technology of Mechanical Properties of Nanometer Thin Films at Low Temperature
In-situ Test Technology of Heat-resistant Composite Materials under High Temperature and Complex Loading Environment
Nondestructive Testing of Thermal Barrier Coating Failure Behavior under Service Condition
Pulsed Eddy Current Testing of Laser Cladding Remanufactured Part
² 2011.9~2015.2 PhD Candidate, School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, South Korea. Adviser: Prof. Sung-Jin Song
² 2009.9~2011.8 Sc. M., School of Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, South Korea. Adviser: Prof. Sung-Jin Song
² 2008.9~2011.7 Sc. M., College of Mechanical Science and Engineering, Jilin University of China, Changchun, China. Adviser: Prof. Zhixing Xu
² 2004.9~2008.7 Bachelor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Yanbian University, Yanji, China. Adviser: Prof. Jishu Sun
Selected Published Papers
(1) Yanfang Zheng; Xinyu Zhao; Sung-Jin Song; Jianhai Zhang (#) (*), Beam generating and sound field modeling of flexible phased arrays for inspecting complex geometric components, Wave Motion 94 (2020): 102494.
(2) Bo Zhu ; Dan Zhao; Yuan Tian; Shunbo Wang; Hongwei Zhao ; Jianhai Zhang (#) (*)，Study on the deformation mechanism of spherical diamond indenter and its influence on 3C-SiC sample during nanoindentation process via molecular dynamics simulation, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 2019.01.01, 90: 143~150
(3) Zhang, Jianhai(*); Yuan, Maodan; Xu, Zhixing; Kim, Hak-Joon; Song, Sung-Jin(#), Analytical approaches to eddy current nondestructive evaluation for stratified conductive structures , Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 2015.10.1, 29(10): 4159~4165
(4) Zhang, Jianhai (*); Yuan, Maodan; Song, Sung-Jin(#); Kim, Hak-Joon, Precision Measurement of Coating Thickness on Ferromagnetic Tube using Pulsed Eddy Current Technique , International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, 2015.7, 16(8): 1723~1728
(5) Zhang, JianHai(*); Kim, Woong-Ji; Yuan, Maodan; Kim, Hak-Joon; Song, Sung-Jin(#), Analytical approach to pulsed eddy current nondestructive evaluation of multilayered conductive structures , Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, 2012.12, 26(12): 3953~3958
Outstanding Paper Award (The Korean Society for Nondestructive Testing)
2013 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad
Academic Titles : Deputy Director of The International Center for Testing of Material Properties in Service，Jilin Province
Alma Mater : Sungkyunkwan University
Education Level : 博士研究生毕业
Status : Employed
School/Department : School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Jilin University
Business Address : Room 702, Research Buliding for Mechanical and Materials,Nanling Campus of Jilin University
phone number :
The Last Update Time : ..